Saturday, February 5, 2011

My First Attempt at Digital Photography

I began with great expectations of turning my photos into a masterpiece; however, I quickly discovered that it takes more than a digital camera to create art.  I began with one photo but after hours working with all the tools Photoshop had to offer I realized I made a bad choice.  I also discovered that Photoshop is not as user friendly as other software packages and that it was going to require a lot more practice at home if I expected to learn how to use it.
I purchased and loaded the software then elected to change my photo to something I admire and love to receive – a single, beautiful rose. Once I found my inspiration, along with Photoshop help and tutorials, I began testing backgrounds with different textures and colors until I found a complement to the rose, which was ‘Wine Silk’.  To give it a softer look I selected ‘Film Grain’ as an effects option.  After experimenting and playing with a multitude of options, I feel I finally have my perfect rose. 

My Perfect Rose

2 comments:

  1. Nice work here, but I'd like to see more information about your image library that you were to gather. Don't forget that was part of the pre-assignment.

    ReplyDelete