Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Fortune Cookie - It's Never Too Late To Learn!

The fortune cookie I selected was, “It’s never too late to learn”, and this is a motto that I truly believe and aspire to.  In order to convey the message I used a photo of a distressed wall, framed blackboards for picture frames, a photo of a young boy learning to read, a picture of an old American Flag, an older gentleman working with book in hand to learn how to use his computer and a clock with wings. 
I wanted the completed project to have somewhat of an aged look so I began with the distressed wall background photo; I converted the photo of the young boy to black and white, modified hues and saturation and resized to fit one of the blackboard frames.  I used the same methods on the photo of the older gentleman and added the film grain effect. I used the American flag since that was always visible in early education classrooms.  I added the clock with wings to represent how time flies, one day you’re in elementary school then it seems that you just turn around and you’re a senior citizen with that curious child inside with a continuing desire to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment