Saturday, February 19, 2011

Antonym and Synonym - Bliss and Anguish

For this week’s assignment I elected to look up the word ‘Paradise’, and one of the words used to describe it was ‘Bliss’.  When I think of bliss it brings to mind a vision of ascending to Heaven.  I can’t imagine Heaven and bliss without envisioning the opposite, which would be anguishing in Hell.
I took photos of old headstones from a nearby cemetery, a photo of a statue of Mother Mary, photos of daisies and the late afternoon sky.  I used the filter, lens flair, to add a glow to Mother Mary and the surrounding sky to emulate her descending from Heaven to greet departed souls. I also enhanced the image hues and saturation to get the desired effect.
For Hell, I used photos of headstones, photos of vicious dogs, photos of fire,  photo of a skull with a creepy eye, photo of a Halloween ghost light and used a picture from the internet of the Grim Reaper.  I used the lasso to select the eyeball from the skull and enhanced it by changing the contract and colors. I used the flames as a background, added a second layer of flames and used the filter to twist the flames for additional effect.  The result, a picture of a place I have no desire to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment